Candles Used For Family Dinner At Fatal B & B Fire



NEW ULM (TEC News) – Candles lit for a family dinner were the cause of a fire July 2 that killed six people at a New Ulm bed and breakfast.

Investigators say no one can remember the candles being put out.

The fire at the Bohemian Bed and Breakfast has been ruled accidental. T

he inn’s owner, her two daughters and three guests died in the overnight fire. Four people escaped the fire, including the fiancé of the home’s owner.

The investigative report says the fire built energy on the porch before bursting into the home through the windows of the TV room and up the grand staircase.


(Copyright 2011 Three Eagles Communications | All Rights Reserved)